Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

No longer just guardians, now we are her forever parents!!

No longer just guardians, now we are her forever parents!!


Well, since I can't post myself, I have asked Lana to post for me!! THANK YOU!!!

On Tuesday, the 25th, we signed the final papers! They asked us if we were sure we wanted to keep Zoey as our daughter forever and of course we said, "YES!" So, we signed the papers, paid the fee and we were done!! Now we are waiting on her passport which we should get Thursday evening. 
We received a photo scrapbook for the time she was at SHH that is VERY special to us. Has many pictures that we don't have, including some with her and her favorite AYI and even a good one with Charlene and a VERY sweet note to her in it! Someone (we have no idea who) gave her a beautiful white dress and beautiful black shoes with stockings (All which are too big but she will wear them soon!) that we will cherish! Found out her pillowcare is still at SHH so we will get that when we go there, and we got our 2 disposable cameras back that I can't wait to develop!!! I didn't get as much about her past as I wanted, or really even about her beginning but I think I might have more things coming! Anyway it was a great day! So now, her offical name is Zoey Fei-Li Langley!!!

Enjoy the pictures!






We leave on Friday to head to Guangzhou where we will go to her Dr. appt on Saturday and then her Consulate appointment (where the US embassy is in China) to make it "official" with them on Monday and then wait on her visa, which we should get on Tuesday. We leave out at 7:30 on Wednesday to head to Shanghai to visit Shanghai Healing Home and then home on Thursday the 3rd!

1 comment:

  1. I am soooooooo happy for you guys! I was pumped to see new pics. FEED FEED FEED HER! It's hilarious to hear you talk about her personality and food. Prayers for the rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete