Blogger Layouts

Monday, October 24, 2011

Gotcha Day







Well, we have our Zoey Fei-Li! She is beautiful, just as we thought we would be and we are thrilled! So, the day started with butterflies and mostly praying!! It's a chilly day, thank goodness because we have been burning up!!! So, on our way to the registration office, Yisha told us that we wouldn't know which babies were there because they came from different areas and with the traffic, they would get there at different times. So, we weren't sure whose would be there but to my surprise, it was OUR baby!!!! We walked in and she was the one in the front looking right at us when we walked in! She wasn't as happy to see us as we were to see her, but I had to take her from the nanny anyways! It wasn't as pleasant as I wanted it to be, but I was expecting it. I mean, she is almost 2! She was scared and probably tired and hungry! So, for about 15 minutes, she cried..pretty hard..reaching for any Chinese woman that would get her (none of them took her of course) but that's who she wanted. So, I held her for a while, no problem!! :) Well, I tried to give her to Anthony, but she wasn't okay with that so I held her for a LONG time. Let me tell ya, she's not that light!! Especially with all the clothes they had on her. It upset me that she wouldn't go to him, but sometimes that happens! I finally sang Brother John to her and she calmed down and layed her head on my shoulder. She had a few outbursts still but overall calmed down!
Once we go to the hotel room, we skyped my mom, Zackery and Hannah and then it was time for a bath!! She did NOT smell nice! This was NOT a good thing! She does NOT like baths!!! So I bathed her fast and got her in an outfit  and she took a two and a half hour nap!
After she woke up, she ate some mashed potatoes and she has been eating snacks since we first held her!! She's an eater. The nannies told me that she gorges, so we have to be careful! She signs "more" and "eat" ALOT!! She grunts alot and points. Anthony was able to hold her just a little while ago and she's finally taken a bottle (yes she's on a bottle but that will change in due time!)
She JUST said MAMA too!!! AHH! She shakes her head NO when she means no and she moves her hand to make ppl move or move things. She LOVES the computer and our phones! She has been sitting here with me the whole time while I have been typing! She is REALLY smart! She had a packet of pretzels and KNEW to tear the package from the top..she even tried! She's so smart!! And I'm not just saying that. SHH took such good care of her and I thank them so much for what they have done for her! Joy, Jane and Daniel are part of my group so they all know eachother! It's been amazing!!! SO, here are pictures! More posts later!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my heart! I love it! She is so beautiful! Finally you have her in your arms. I'm so glad it wasn't too hard for her to leave her nannies. She looks very healthy and happy. I can't wait to see more pics. Much love and prayers from the US!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just beautiful! Congratulations. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying right now for a good first night's sleep for Zoey and of course for all of you! Congratulations on your addition... you have two beautiful girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is absolutely adorable! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your non-facebook friend is so glad to finally hear from you!! I can't imagine the range of emotions right now. Continuing to pray for an easy transition for Zoey and for the remainder of your trip to be smooth. Can't wait til you all get back! Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful. Congrats to you.
    TNmom

    ReplyDelete