Blogger Layouts

Monday, October 10, 2011

8 days til we leave (well, in the am in will be!)

Today we received the email about our final conference call. I am pretty sure that is the call that made it real when we were adopting Olivia! Josh and maybe Lilly (the founders of my agency) are  supposed to get on there and talk to us. It will be interesting!
We have our flights booked and I was able to get a hotel in Shanghai (I had to book that bc the day before is where my agency's duties stop) Unfortunately it's 41 miles from the airport, but all the ones closer were booked up! I guess the Trade Fair has ppl staying there. But my part is done. All we are waiting on is the final travel packet which they said should come Wednesday or Thursday! So after that, we are ready to go!
WOW!! IT's getting closer. I am SOOO terrified to fly, still! IT's really only my second time on a plane, so I guess it's okay, but I was hoping it would be easier this time.
We leave from Memphis at 9:21 on the 19th. Fly a little over 5 hours to Seattle and have a 7 hour layover! UUGHH!! Then fly to Beijing on our 11 hour flight! SO...PLEASE pray. I'm not just saying that..PLEASE pray for me to feel at ease (and Olivia and Mrs. Betty..the men say they aren't worried) and pray that the plane flies SMOOTH!!! No crashes, no electrical problems, no gas problems, no TURBULANCE and no landing problems. AND that it arrives and lands on time!! I am going to compile a list of prayer things in a little while, but for now, if you would start praying for this, I would really apprecite it!!! We have to take 7 different planes for this trip...so I'm really nervous!!
Well, until our itinery comes in..this is it for now! WOW!! A day over a week! AHH!!! We are coming Zoey Fei!!! We love you!!!

2 comments:

  1. I will be following your journey, so make sure you post and take lots of pictures. I wish we were leaving next week to. Now it seems time has come to a stand still for me! 24 more days, gosh it seems forever! if I can make it to the end of next week then we will be 2 weeks out and that seems better to me, 3 weeks seems like a eternity away. Take care friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl! You know I will post as much as I can! I hope they don't block us while we are there! That would be horrible! If they do, if you have a facebook account, I'm under Mysty Meredith Langley and will try to post things there!
    Your time is coming! It seems so far away but with all that needs/has to be done, it passes by FAST!!!! AND, I get to follow your journey!!! YAY!!! HOLD ON!!!:)

    ReplyDelete