Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

One more thing done

There are new Hague rules that we have to follow for this adoption. It's alot more things that we have to do and one of those things are 10 hours of parent training. It's listening to videos about growth, attachment, China in general, things first time adoptive parents need to be aware of and things like that. It was actually very interesting and I'm glad we watched them. We did all 10 hours in 2 days!! And you have to take a quiz to finish and show that you did do them. We got our certificate today, so we are done! I have almost all of the paperwork ready, and are really just waiting on certified birth certificates, police clearance and the homestudy. So...if the homestudy is done by the end of February, then we could do our fingerprints in March and sending our dossier off in April/May! That's pretty fast! That means it would have only taken 4-5 months for the dossier. Now that doesn't make CCAA speed up, but it gets our paperwork to them faster! :)
Anyway, supposed to have last homestudy done Friday, but they are calling for snow and ice so not sure if it will happen! I have my physical tomorrow so that will be done! Well, that's about all that's happening now..so until another milestone...ttyl!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being one step closer! (I came over from RQ because I liked your comment there.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh thank you! That was getting a little out of hand. I wasn't going to put anything, but my heart was basically broken yesterday and they keep driving a knife further! It probably won't help, but atleast I feel better! :) Hope you follow us! Where are you in the process???

    ReplyDelete