Blogger Layouts

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Me and my girls ( and my Zackery!)





Olivia took this one! Think we look alike?:)

Being a mommy to girls is so different than being a mommy to boys! I think God wanted me to wait til later in life to be a mommy to girls bc I have changed. I had always been a tomboy...really! Ask my mom. So when I had my boys at 20,22 and 23, I was still like that. Didn't really care about jewlery, carrying a purse (although I still dont like it much but I do it so Anthony will let me keep buying them! HA), dressing up...nothing like that. So being at the baseball field (although I would be ecstatic if my girls played softball like I did for 15 yrs), getting dirty, going to football games, all that stuff was great! Now, I feel as if I'm a little more "girly!" I love dressing up (although I still love my jeans) doing the girls hair, dressing them up, sewing, painting, scrapbooking, playing dolls, shopping (both my girls love it!) and things like that. My boys never copied me putting on make-up or fixing my hair (THANK GOODNESS) or wearing a towel on my head when I get out of the shower. I never thought they should and the thought didn't cross my mind until Olivia started copying me! I cried the first time she pointed to her head and motioned me to put her towel on her head like I had mine! I mean really! And Zoey, well she's just following suite! She LOVES putting on make up and brushing her hair! I LOVE being a mommy..to boys or girls, but I am so thankful to God for separating the time. I was able to enjoy both "seasons" of being a mommy. God always knows! Amazing isn't it!!! Thank you God for letting me be a mommy to such wonderful children. I am blessed beyond measure!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment